How Are Your Publishing Plans Affected?
At the moment, we’re getting a ton of questions about how we as a company are dealing with the restrictions imposed by the current pandemic. We’ve gathered the answers to all the most frequently asked questions here.
Orders and delivery times
So far, our production and shipping remains unaffected. That means you can still order books and expect them to be delivered on time.
Our packages are delivered by Royal Mail, who have made a series of adjustments to their parcel-handling procedures in order to avoid spreading infection. For more information, visit their website.
Our support team is, as always, available via email. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
How are we dealing with the coronavirus?
The health of our colleagues, users, and partners are of course our main priority. As such, we are strictly adhering to the current safety regulations stipulated by the health authorities in the countries in which we are active. As a digital company, this is fairly easy to do. The whole team is currently working from home, whilst keeping in touch via daily conference calls and chat groups. As such, our daily office routines are relatively unimpeded, and we’re hard at work trying to improve our platform and helping our users create make their writing ambitions a reality.
In order to do this, we work with several partners. Printing thousands of professional-quality books and shipping them all over the world requires more than your average office printer, as we’re sure you know. In order to keep our printing facilities working whilst keeping the people working there safe, there are several emergency policies in place:
- High risk areas are thoroughly disinfected on a daily basis
- Planned events and meetings that would involve external contact or travel are postponed or canceled
- Crucial events and meetings that cannot be canceled are held digitally or via the phone
- Office staff no longer visit production facilities or vice versa, unless absolutely necessary
- A work-at-home policy is in place for office staff whenever possible
- Physical exchange of materials or documents is forbidden
- Physical distancing is required during lunch breaks and any other situation in which people converge on a specific location
- When conferring with colleagues, it is recommended to do so digitally or via telephone whenever possible
By adopting these policies and guidelines, we hope to do our part to minimize the spread of the virus and keeping our team safe, whilst also continuing to help writers realize their publishing dreams.